Citizens Art Festival: Art Exhibition @ Green Rooms
Our first gallery-based art exhibition is built on the work we've done since August 2020 - supporting new and emerging artists to showcase their work, and we can't wait to receive and review your applications.
Our first exhibition will provide at least 20 artists with the opportunity to exhibit (and sell) their work in a beautiful gallery space with excellent transport links.
Applications are reviewed by CAM founder, Edward Quigley, Antonis Christodoulides - owner of Blue House Framer and we will invite some guest panel members to assist with the selection process. Selection decisions are final, and we regret we will not be able to offer artists any feedback on unsuccessful applications.
Should covid19 prevent the exhibition from proceeding, successful artists will be issued a full refund (minus 5% to cover costs that cannot be recovered). This 5% administrative charge will be deducted from any future exhibition fee, should you choose to defer your application to a later date.
Don't delay - submit your application today!
Terms and Conditions:
1. All work must be original and created by the exhibiting artist
2. Artists are permitted to exhibit digital prints
3. For the stands that measure 4m x 2.25m - artists cannot sublet their space or any part of it to another artist without prior permission from the organisers
4. For the larger stands that measure 6m x 2.25m - we welcome applications from a collective who wish to share the space (a maximum of three artists per group). A lead member of the group should submit the application and further information about other group members can be provided following initial application
5. Applications will be considered by the selection panel on an ongoing process (as and when they are received) - once all spaces are awarded, the application process will close and artists will be placed on a waiting list should any selected artists withdraw
6. If your application is successful, you will be required to pay the stand fee in full, within five (5) working days
7. We do not offer refunds, so please consider this before applying
8. However, if the event is cancelled by us (because of covid19, for example), we will return your payment in full but cannot be held liable for any additional expenses incurred
9. You are responsible for your own insurance (to cover damage, theft) of your work and public liability insurance is mandatory. You will be required to provide evidence of your insurance
10. The gallery space will be locked and inaccessible to the public outside of gallery operating hours, which are currently scheduled as:
Thursday 7th April - 6pm to 9pm (Private View)
Friday 8th April - 2pm to 9pm
Saturday 9th April - 2pm to 9pm
Sunday 10th April - 12pm to 5pm
11. Successful artists (and any assistants) will be issued name badges which must be worn at all times whilst attending the exhibition
12. Artists are allowed to register up to two assistants (aged 18 or above), one of which can attend the exhibition and manage the artists space in their absence. We will request this information from artists nearer the time of the exhibition, and any registered assistants will be required to wear name badges at all times whilst attending the exhibition
13. Edward Quigley (t/a Citizens Art Market), Antonis Christodoulides (t/a The Blue House Framer), venue partners, festival partners and stakeholders take no responsibility for damage and/or theft to works on display as within the gallery or any other space
14. All sales will be processed by the organisers and the proceeds of sales will be transferred to artists (minus 10% commission) within 5-7 working days, from 11th April - however we will do our best to process bank transfers to artists ASAP
15. Work does not need to be for sale in order for artists to participate in the exhibition
16. Selected artists will be expected to promote their participation through their own networks, and we will provide support for this (provision of marketing material etc)